Barclays Wearable Apps
[ UX ] User Experience
- Product Team
- Brand/Marketing Team
- IOS Team
- Android Team
Barclay’s mission was to jump on this opportunity of being one of the first in releasing an app for the iWatch and wanting to make this available for their customers.
Project “Swift” was born. Barclays wanted to be at the forefront of the wearable technology market and offer quick apps in making life a bit easier. Our mission was to be one of the first UK banks to offer banking services on wearables.
RESEARCH, LEARN, & TEST
UX Patterns & Similarities
Kyle was brought into this project to help with the UX/UI delivery of integrating wearables in Barclay’s pre-existing apps for both Android and iOS while designing three wearables that are all seamless within the Barclays branding.
Apple & Android Watch Features
Below are some of the main objectives/features to account for in design and development.
- ATM Locator – quick and easy access to directions to the nearest Barclays branch or ATM
- Charity Step Tracker – Enable customers to generate charitable donations based on the number of steps that are tracked on their smartwatch
- Balance Notifications – Configurable push notifications that alert the customer via their watch when their balance meter reaches a certain point
- Fraud Alerts – Pushing notifications to the customers watch to confirm if payment is genuine and enabling them to respond back via the watch to confirm yes or no instantly
- Authentication – Further authentication on the watch application to enable more detailed information to be displayed to the customer and actionable transactions to be triggered from the application
- View last 5 transactions – Giving customers details of the last five transactions on their chosen account enhancing the experience when viewing the account balance
User Experience Delivery
- Collaboration & Emersion of info
- Gathered & Created Personas
- Storyboarding / Journeys
- Develop Process / Revise Process
- UX Scope / Feature Books / Version Control Logs
- Evolving / Revising
- Experimental & Testing Designs
- Worked alongside development teams for each device
- Lo-Fidelity Mocks and Flows
Immersion of Collaborative Teams
From kick-offs to workshops, and meetings, we were immersed in gathering information, asking the right questions, research while compiling our feedback and testing. We all had a role in what we brought to the table. Kyle helped define this project’s extent and streamlined workflows while filling in the gaps of vital information, breaking it down into bite-size pieces for all teams to work simultaneously.
Came from many talented teams unified. Kyle’s key role was user experience and user interface design for Barclays pre-existing app and the new rollouts of wearables.
Barclays pre-existing app – User experience designs of; iPhone integrated settings, features, and necessary screens for the user to connect the iWatch wearable device.
User experience and user interface designs to be created and aligned with current branding yet consistent across all platforms.
Barclays pre-existing app – User experience designs of; Android integrated settings, features, and necessary screens for the user to connect the M.Moto/S.Gear wearable devices.
M.Moto + S.Gear
User experience and user interface designs of M.Moto & S.Gear to be created and aligned with current branding yet consistent across all platforms.